Friday, September 2, 2011

Day 4

Today was my last day of cyber school.  I'll be back in the regular classroom on Tuesday.  What a relief it has been to have someone as professional as Mr. Jim Girardi to take over my class in my absence.  He definitely made this time away more manageable.

Today in class we reviewed our objectives from the past two days by completing worksheet 1-1.  Students worked with a partner to put the steps of the scientific method in the correct order, and then they had to match the vocab term to the proper definition.  After that I introduced them to the metric system, the standard system of measurement used exclusively throughout the world, except for our United States of America.  I demonstrated the  procedure for converting from one metric prefix to another, like changing kilometers into centimeters.  All it takes is moving the decimal to the left or right a certain number of places.  With whatever time was left in class, students worked on page 1-4 (chapter 1, page 4) until the bell rang.

News article #1 is due on Tuesday, and the Metric Conversion quiz will be on Friday, September 9th.

1 comment:

  1. Thankyou for the compliment and the work. I enjoyed our virtual collaborations. Glad you're back.

    ReplyDelete