Tuesday, September 1, 2009

1st Day of School

No matter how hard we try, we can never be 100% prepared for opening day (students AND teachers).  Today each student was given a healthy dose of technology in science class.  We started class by using the student responders to take a quick technology survey.  The students seemed to really enjoy it, as they had never used one before.  We then got into my Moodle site, and saw some of the features it had to offer.  Some students even got to log in during class.  I then gave students the tour of my blog site (this page) and demonstrated its usefulness.  We ended class with a look at the science curriculum and my grading policy.

I collected the email request forms that were mailed home back in early August and were due today.  Some students either forgot or lost their form, so they were given a second copy that is due on Wednesday.

Their homework assignment is, if possible, log into the Moodle site and comment on one of my two blog entries.  They will not be graded for this assignment, but I would like to know what difficulites they have along the way, if any.  See you tomorrow.

PS- Go PENN STATE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment